Thursday, June 23, 2016

Linda did a demo at yesterday's Sew Day of a 'new' way to do appliqué, and hopes to get lots of help appliqueing the border of our next raffle quilt, a bright and cheery Log Cabin.  (It's been so long since we made/donated our blocks that I'm not sure which one is mine.)


The border will have vines with bright flowers.



My hand is slowly improving, but is still not to the point where I feel that I can participate - yet.  Maybe by the time we return from vacation? Because the hot springs really heals me in so many ways!



Linda followed that with a demo on various quilt-as-you-go methods; 
I was only familiar with this one of them.


The others were new to me. 





Judy gave a demo on tying quilts.




At Sew Day yesterday we gave Gloria her Heart Quilt (this one was made by Mary) which was much appreciated.



We also gave Gloria lots of hugs!



Several ladies had some Show&Tell with them, though I had not gotten my borders onto the chickens so that quilt stayed home.


Irene quilted this happy colorful one for Janie.



Not sure whose Hummel embroidery top Irene quilted -


but the blocks were sure adorable.



Laura has definitely been busy!






Donna's twin sister made this jellyroll strip quilt, and then Donna added the applique flower for some added interest before quilting it.



My headache kept me down for the rest of the day yesterday.  


I napped during the afternoon (though the phone woke me a couple of times) while "watching" TV, and then again in the evening, so I was glad I thought to tape the Olympic diving trials.  They were to include the synchronized diving, a favorite of mine.  


With that much sleep under my belt I was surprised to actually sleep last night - at least until 4:00 this morning.  I managed an impressive neck crack this morning (maybe you heard it?) which may mean my headache won't lay me low again today.  But what will really help is the chiropractor's appointment tomorrow.



With plenty of time before OT, and no major headache at the moment, I'm thinking about figuring out my chicken border and attaching it this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment