Saturday, June 4, 2016

The four of us (Colleen, Stephanie, and Joann) had a great time at the Mountain Top Quilters show in Prescott today. (FYI Yolanda missed the fun because she was in Wyoming, not ND.)  Of course there were lots of stunning quilts, but I had no real trouble choosing 5 quilts for which to vote.  These are the ribbons the  ladies made as awards for the top 10 winners.


Most quilt shows post printed signs "asking" people not to touch the quilts - but the ladies in Prescott were considerably more creative.  Check out these warnings, which were posted throughout the venue. (I tried to get them all, but missed at least one, the Elvis one somebody mentioned.)















Remember the Row By Row challenge from last summer? (I had family and friends around the country pick up patterns for me though I have yet to actually make up any of them - and this summer's patterns, with the Home Sweet Home theme, will be available starting June 21)  Obviously several of the Mountain Top ladies got busy with their patterns!







This was Mountain Top's most recent challenge:


Here were the entries I especially liked (and look what quilt took first prize, Bana!





Still have some cropping/resizing/orienting of the 136 pix I took today, but it's late and way past bedtime.  Check back tomorrow for more pix!

No comments:

Post a Comment