Sunday, June 26, 2016

When Lisa cleaned out her closet last weekend she found numerous bags of seashells in varying sizes and shapes (from her beading days?) and suggested that I pass them along to one of my craft-person friends.  I immediately thought of Kathi, and so put them in her pile to await my next drop - until Colleen mentioned that Yolanda is going to bring her visiting granddaughters over this week to make Fairy Houses with Colleen's granddaughters.  So instead I donated the shells to that cause.



Any time I'm at Colleen's I get inspired, so once I got home I bit the bullet and actually finished quilting my cactus... which turned out to be so close to finishing that I don't think it took me 5 minutes.  Then I cut the binding strips, sewed them together, and even got them attached to the quilt, so all that's left to do is the hand sewing.  In theory (!) it will look more or less rectangular when the binding is finished.


I can do that hand sewing on the drive to Colorado, and then it'll be ready to donate to the auction.  Not sure what (if anything) Tom is going to gift; VERY surprisingly his item did not sell last year!


When I awoke this morning (slept in until 5:30) Tom was already awake and getting ready to go out and mow.  After I coffeed up I raked the forest, at least making a visible dent in it.  Of course there was NO problem filling up one of the cans so I thought (briefly) about dragging the front can back there and also filling it up.  However, as predicted the humidity is up today and I just wasn't motivated to keep going.



I've got Boot Camp at 1:00, and am "on" for dinner tonight (grilled salmon) but otherwise have the day to putter around the house and do a little gathering of stuff to pack.


I'm also trying to finish up my current library book (October's Bookclub selection) so I can return it before we leave; unfortunately it's not that fast a read.  I'm only about halfway through it at this point so I may have to return it unfinished and then check it out again once I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment