Wednesday, July 6, 2022

 Monday was Tom's birthday, and (for a change!) he really, really liked my gift, a snazzy puzzle tray with 6 handy drawers for stashing sorted pieces.  I'd covered the box with a quilt to hide the info on it, and at first he thought he was getting another quilt from me. That evening we tested it out (with the puzzle Lisa sent me for Mother's Day.)




We spent the afternoon at Marcie and Mike's, along with her daughter Marnie, SIL Chris,  & 8yo grandson Silas who were in from Oregon for the holiday weekend.  Tom got a quilt for real, this 'gem' that Marcie had made.



Tuesday morning was more weeding (after I ran the hose out front) before a trip to the chiropractor (so I'd be all set for my upcoming whirlwind trip to Colorado.)  The shoes I got at the podiatrist do seem to be helping; My 'good' foot has been behaving, and the rest of me wasn't out "that" much!  

As I was getting set to drive home I got a message from Mary asking if I was available to accompany her to Monica's that afternoon to pick up a quilt. 



It was her wedding gift, a king-size variation on the Log Cabin called Mariposa, for grandson Max (& Clara) who will be getting married in November.  Of course I'd seen it in progress, but everything always looks even better once quilted.  



Sadly I spaced out taking a photo.




Monica had mentioned our "museum" to her husband (he's also a collector), so during our visit  yesterday he brought out some of his found artifacts to show me.  Sadly my photo of this pendant doesn't really show the five toes very well.


Cute 'snek':



Today I'm packing.  Here's hoping that I don't forget anything crucial; it's just hard to think about chilly weather when it's in the triple digits here.  The forecast for Salida (the nearest town) shows temps in the 80s, but cloudy every day - and of course it won't be as warm up on the mountain.  Plus it will get considerably chillier once whatever sun there is goes down.



Also doing some other stuff around the house to get ready for being gone.  Needed some help with one of my chores, but Tom is out and about chasing down some photo equipment, and Alex is off for a parmotoring lesson from some friends.

Paramotoring is a form of ultralight aviation where the pilot wears a back-pack motor which provides enough thrust to take off using a paraglider. It can be launched in still air, and on level ground, by the pilot alone — no assistance is required.

Not MY cup of tea; I prefer to keep my feet on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment