Saturday, July 23, 2022

 First thing yesterday morning 'Brownie' mailed the black cat spoon rest gift to Shadow, and it should be in Colorado the beginning of the week.


I finally got around to making another eye appointment (getting in next Thursday!) to see about cataract surgery because my new glasses just aren't cutting it.  Also made a (too) long-neglected dermatology appointment.  Due to my procrastination I will have to schlep to Sun City West for that because the first available appointment at the (very) nearby office wasn't until the day I'll be heading to Colorado mid-August.


Tami swung by yesterday for a quick visit before heading back to Flagstaff.   She'd left there dark-thirty in the morning to be here for her father's surgery at the Mayo Hospital. (Her brother had driven him in from Lake Havasu on Thursday.)  Yesterday turned out to be the lastest snafu in a LONG on-going saga, as in the right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing.  

Despite Tami calling this person and that, several times a day, every day, to keep up with all the snafus and ever-changing arrangements, the surgery didn't happen, and cluster-fuck is really the only way to describe it.  She's been keeping me posted the past few weeks, and of course I was a witness to all of the latest wrinkles while I was there this past week.  Really expected better from Mayo...

And speaking of hospitals - A couple of days ago Tom's brother Jerry was released (too early!) to his son Jason's house, but in back in the hospital (a different one) with serious (internal bleeding?) issues.  Does NOT sound good...


I got started on Dan's frog quilt yesterday; Ruth has the perfect AccuQuilt frog die!  First I needed some steam-a-seam, and I thought it would be a quick hop over to TOQS.  But there had been a MAJOR accident at 43rd/T-bird (which made the news last evening) and the intersection was totally blocked off.   Though the accident had occurred around 2:00 am (and it was noon) they were just removing the lump that had been the car the teens/young adults (in a stolen vehicle) had slammed into.  It burst into flames, killing the three people inside, and all six inside the stolen vehicle are in the hospital with serious injuries. 

BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!


Now not only do I have frogs like this -


but since Ruth "suggested" I iron the steam-a-seam onto my fabrics before cutting out the frogs (outstanding and seriously time-saving idea, though of course I hadn't thought of it) I have these to use on my eventual border!


Used the last of my steam-a-seam to get the next 'generation' of frogs ready to cut:


I even have more rectangles ready and waiting for after I buy more steam-a-seam.



It was quite overcast this morning, so we were hopeful we might get some rain.  


That didn't happen, but I did get major trimmage accomplished, filling two cans.  Despite the shade it was still toasty, so I took a couple of dips in the bathtub - I mean pool 

No comments:

Post a Comment