Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Despite rebooting the computer yesterday it would not let me post pix on my blog OR post comments on FB.  This morning, however, it is letting me post comments, and also I now am able to liven up this post with pix.



The bathroom counter top was ready for pick up yesterday, and Bill delivered it around 4:00.  There were some questions about whether or not it was the correct size ( it was a custom order) but when I called their office at 4:07 is anyone surprised that the recording said they closed at 4:00?


It does, however, look lovely, and Patti swung by for a few minutes after work to confer with me on paint chips.  Since her pick turned out to be the same as mine (vanilla scone) I feel confident that I've made a good choice - though almost anything would be an improvement over the ugly brown the previous house owners chose!



Also touched base yesterday with Tammy, 
my "date" for Friday night's Bonnie Raitt concert.  


Much of the group will be meeting at Tracy's house and carpooling to the Celebrity Theater. 
Tracy's arranged for her friend Tammy, who lives by me, to pick me up;
 we'll rendezvous with everyone else at the concert.  


I don't know anything about the opening act, The California Honeydrops, but after reading the following blurb (and of course trusting Bonnie to make a wise choice!) I'm looking forward to 'discovering' them during their set.


The California Honeydrops don’t just play music—they throw parties. Led by dynamic vocalist and multi-instrumentalist Lech Wierzynski, and drawing on diverse musical influences from Bay Area R&B, funk, Southern soul, Delta blues, and New Orleans second-line, the Honeydrops bring vibrant energy and infectious dance-party vibes to their shows. They’ve taken the party all over the world: on 9 European tours, featured slots at such premiere festivals as Monterey Jazz, High Sierra, and Outside Lands, and recent performances supporting B.B. King, Dr. John, Buddy Guy, and Allen Toussaint. Whether in those high-profile performances or in more intimate venues where the band itself can leave the stage and get down on the dance floor, the California Honeydrops’ shared vision and purpose remain: to make the audience dance and sing.

No comments:

Post a Comment