Thursday, October 27, 2016

 Never a dull moment, though somehow (!) I slept through all the excitement; didn't find out about it until I got up to pee at 3:30 and saw that the kitchen lights were on. Somebody torched a (stolen?) car right in front of our drive-thru gate. 


 Apparently there were police and fire engines and everything, though by the time I went out everyone had left.  Now there's foam and water everywhere, and the electric company's bucket truck was pulling up to check the wires overhead.  



Did get more painting done yesterday (it just keeps looking better and better in the bathroom), and many of the floors mopped.  However my back has been giving me 'twinges' the past few days so I did take a few hours in the afternoon to just lie on the couch and veg in front of the TV.  Later this morning Bill is coming over to install the new overhead light in the bathroom.



I don't expect to be very productive today.  Tom has gone back to bed but I didn't even bother... pretty sure I'm up for the day.

My computer has been acting "quirky" lately, and yesterday it wouldn't let me access FB or Google (though e-mail was still going through) so it's probably (past) time to replace my dinosaur.




No comments:

Post a Comment