Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We were a small group at quilting - only ten of us showed up. Guess most of the ladies are vacationing in cooler climes. Sure a shame that they'll miss out on this string of 113 degree days... although today I got a text from my sister in Texas; apparently our weather made their news, where it was reported that we set a record high for this date, with 114.

Judy did a great hands-on demo of how to make puffed quilts. I admit I'm surprised at how easy it is to do, and I'm thinking it would make a great pillow or cushion for a kid. And of course Show and Tell is always fun.  Here are some of the goodies:

Ruth's baskets 'in progress'

Patty's baskets

Judy made this bag for her computer.  I love that it doesn't look like a computer case - less chance of it 'walking off' during travels.  I hope she does a class, especially if she can tweak the measurements to match my iPad size!

Sharon always does such lovely work!

And here's her latest bag:

Louise made a great compact fanny pack, but I didn't get a shot of it.  Hope she does a class also!

And yes, the ladies said they liked my Little Red Wagon quilt.

After quilting I enjoyed my lunch with Renee at Le Chalet. We haven't seen each other since November, before I was diagnosed, and so we had lots of catching up to do. We each ordered our usual, and then shared a decadent dessert. Good thing there was no crowd waiting for our table - our leisurely lunch ran 3 hours!

On the way to the bathroom (gotta drink lots of water and stay hydrated in this heat) I saw the following sign that made me smile (assume the door led to the manager's office...)

And this sign, limiting use to 5 minutes, was in the bathroom -
(although, as it says at the bottom, reading is tolerated!)

I also liked the 'stone' counter around the sink:

And finally
I was disappointed that NBC didn't show the Finals of the men's 3 meter springboard competition last night.    To add insult to injury, Bob Costa 'teased' me by saying there was diving.  (Of course I have the schedule, and I already knew that!) 
 To make matters worse, I can only find assorted highlights of the event on the NBC site of Olympic coverage.  Am I the only person in America who wanted to watch these men dive?!?!  
I might have to write NBC a letter!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment