Tuesday, August 7, 2012

 I've been up since 3:30 am, so I expect to fade early today

On the other hand, I got to see Alex when he arrived home at 4:30

I decided today would be the day to put a binding on my Challenge quilt.  While I was trying to decide what color to use, I got the bright idea to look in my 'leftover bindings' bag and see if I had a 'scrap' long enough.  And guess what?  There was a perfect piece to coordinate with the quilt, AND it was long enough!  Sometimes you just get lucky!
I've sewn the binding to the quilt, and now am doing the final blind stitching.  And the 'good' news is that once that's done (before tomorrow's quilt meeting!) I'll be able to post a picture of it because I found out (when I talked to Linda today) that in order to be eligible for the competition I had to use all of the assorted fabrics that were included in the 'kit'.  Which I didn't do.  Maybe I need this book?

No comments:

Post a Comment