Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chemo went just fine yesterday.  By moving my appointment ahead 90 minutes I was out of there by 11:00, with time to come home and have lunch before heading off to Radiation.  
Radiation didn't quite go as well since I made the mistake of starting to move my arm to scratch an itch (between the picture taking and actual radiation) which was a big No-No. 
I got reprimanded by both the techs and (later) the oncologist, plus never did get to scratch.  In addition they're going to have to redo the pix today.  An itch makes it so tormenting to stay absolutely still for so long (20 minutes?)  

Have you ever noticed how the Itch Center kicks in as soon as your hands are full of something heavy or you're not allowed to move?  <sigh>  
But apparently the radiation ray is so high-tech and exact that the least little change makes a difference.  Not at all like these Ray Guns <g>
I will try to do better this afternoon (although just thinking about not being able to scratch has made me start to itch!)

No comments:

Post a Comment