Sunday, August 19, 2012

Saturday morning I went to see The Odd Life of Timothy Green 
with Mary and Laura. 
After the long lines I experienced last Saturday morning with Patti we gave ourselves plenty of time - but it wasn't nearly as crowded this weekend.  The movie was enjoyable, and no surprise that the three of us (quilters all) noticed the various quilts in several scenes.
Afterward I showed Mary the technique for making Puff Quilts (she was out of town when Judy demo-ed it at the last Foothills meeting.)  Like the rest of us, she was surprised that it was so easy!

Of course not everything is easy...

 Saturday brought an e-mail from Lisa telling us how well things are going at school and how much she's enjoying her 140 8th graders. I'm very glad to hear that; 8th graders are at a tough age, and I've always admired teachers dedicated enough to deal with them.  

I have always thought Lisa would make an excellent teacher, and find it enjoyable and rewarding (just wasn't sure that 8th grade was the best place to start!)  Of course the first year teaching anything (at any grade level) is tough, so I have definitely been relieved to hear what a positive experience she's having.

And then in the evening we received a phone call from her, filling in the gaps.  However her parting words to me were something like, "Don't expect me to call very often - I'm really busy - and when I do call, please don't gripe about me not calling enough."

I really thought I had been giving her 'her space' and not bugging her - 
but guess I need to try even harder.  

Another nap Saturday afternoon. Guess that'll be the norm for the duration.

BTW we finally got a little bit of rain (usually it's 'water, water, everywhere' else, except in our part of the Valley) but of course that was to be expected since we had just gotten Irrigation that morning.

Still it was probably enough to wash all the dust off of all the leaves.  One time in Kingman we thought our bushes were dying because they were so brown - until I sprayed off all the dust to reveal healthy, bright green foliage!

No comments:

Post a Comment