Sunday, August 12, 2012

Saturday morning Patti and I went to see Hope Springs.  Guess it's been a long time since I've been to a movie on the opening weekend; the line for tickets (and then for popcorn) was much longer than usual,  and instead of only a handful of viewers, the theater was pretty full.  I recommend you see it if you can.  Meryl Streep is always excellent, but Tommy Lee Jones's character was the real gem - he elicited lots of laughter from the audience. 

Saturday afternoon I was 'busy' relaxing when Alex called from the gas station.  His car had died (again) and he needed me to bring him some tools.  Unfortunately he was unable to get it started, we we had to leave it at the gas station until he could make arrangements to get it back to the house.

Which reminds me... my (new) car has a bit of an issue.  When Patti and I got out of the movie at 1:00 p.m. yesterday I noticed that the thermometer was only reading 92.  NO WAY!  And it stayed at 92 the entire drive home despite the fact that it was at least 20 degrees hotter.  So I guess I'll have to take it in and have it looked at.  If we're going to melt in the summer heat of Phoenix we at least want to know how miserable we are. 

This morning I did some more yardwork (on the shady side of the yard) followed by some swimming and a run to Wal-Mart.  Then Marcela called to say that she and Steve were in Tucson helping his sister pack and move.  Since I was going to be home all afternoon it worked out for her to stop by for a visit before their drive back to California.  It was great to see her, and she needed to see for herself that I'm really doing fine. 
 I really am feeling much more like myself now that the worst of the chemo is over; my brain fog is starting to clear, and I'm not so exhausted by the least little thing.  Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment