Saturday, October 15, 2011

What was I learning?

I had a great bumper sticker on my momobile:  
Oh No... Not Another Learning Experience!   
I'm not likely to be putting bumper stickers on my new ride
 but that one certainly seemed to sum things up pretty well.
Maybe I'll just print up this poster and hang it in a conspicuous place.
And speaking of learning, my quilt demo in the 4th grade went well yesterday.  It ran 45 minutes, right up until the dismissal bell (although I didn't get to tell them or show them everything I'd planned), and the kids were all very interested.  It helped that I was willing to pass around a number of my quilts for them to see 'up close and personal'.  (I did have to laugh when one student asked if I was going to give out any of them.) Several wanted to know how long it would take to learn, and seemed pretty pleased when I told them I could teach them the basics in an afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment