Saturday, October 1, 2011

Progress Report

First I had to split up my Friendship Star and Flying Geese strips into two smaller pieces each, adding new side borders.  Then I used graph paper to map out the general dimensions of the various pieces, and played around with them - a lot.  But despite all my shifting around I never could quite get them to mesh very well.  So I finally gave up on that and decided to just start, and see what happens.  Here's the current center of my Nesting Robin
and here are the rest of the pieces on my design wall

Had to quit for the day and clear off my work table; Tom's been smoking meats all day, and since we're having some of the new neighbors over for dinner we'll need that table space to accommodate everyone.  Tomorrow I'll tackle the rest of the pieces.  Maybe it'll work out OK in the end... we shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment