Sunday, October 16, 2011

Smile!

This was a collage I made with the ELL class at school last year.  We were working on 'nouns', and I chose smile.  The Country magazines I brought in for the kids to use have lots of great pictures, and there were plenty of smiles; everyone enjoyed that 'work'.
Speaking of great times, yesterday I went down to Tucson with friend Cindy for a concert.  She and I have been friends since we taught at the same school in Kingman back in the 80s.  The band we went to hear was the Dreadnutts.  I've known their guitarist Peter McLaughlin almost 35 years, since he came down to Supai to visit his friend Carl, the other teacher down there.  Peter's old band, Flying South, played for our backyard party in '88.  (Tom and I got married in Maryland, and when we returned to Arizona after our honeymoon we threw a party for all those friends who couldn't make it to the wedding.)  The band is extremely talented - guitars, mandolin, fiddle, and harmonica that sound out of this world, along with amazing voices!  Everyone had a fantastic time...we could have listened to them play all night! 
It was a late night for me, not getting home until almost 1:00 a.m. (good thing Cindy was driving!) but well worth the trip.  I tried to sleep in this morning, but Sapphire wasn't having any part of that - even though Alex tried to feed her before he left for work this morning.
Lazy morning, though.  Now I'm about to get moving and finish putting away all the quilts and other paraphernalia from Friday's demo.  And who knows... I might even get some quilting done!

No comments:

Post a Comment