Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Successful Sew Day

Annette, Butch, Joy, Judy, Linda, Ruth, and Viola joined me today for a fun (and productive) Sew Day here.  In-between gabbing and eating I managed to get the backing made for my I SPY quilt, and also (thanks to Butch's bag of plaid scraps) pieces cut out for 16 gingerbread boy blocks.  
 Think I'll take Joyce's advice and putz with all the tiny 1" pieces for all 16 heads all at the same time.  Then the rest of the quilt will practically make itself, right?
We also firmed up plans for our upcoming program and potluck (with Eleanor Burns' sister Pat Knoechel)  in 2 weeks, as well as worked on ideas for the Holiday luncheon in December. (No, we don't always talk about food - just seems that way!)

In other news: Pokey entertained us when she made several appearances on the porch (mostly to rearrange the furniture.)

No comments:

Post a Comment