Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm a mechanic?


This morning I stayed at quilting til the very end, so was surprised to see Betty & Carol still sitting in the parking lot since they'd left a while earlier.  Of course I stopped to see what was up, and Betty was on the phone calling for help because her ignition key wouldn't turn.  Bobbi to the rescue!  

I noticed that the van's front wheels weren't straight, so I got in and turned the steering wheel as far as it would go and then tried to turn the key - and voila - it started right up!  Betty was thrilled (and impressed), but I do have to admit that the only reason I knew what to do was because the same thing happened to me last month, and Alex had to come to my rescue.

Which reminds me ...  

Back in the mid-70s I was a tiny thing (probably 100 pounds soaking wet - those days are gone!) driving a big Suburban.  At random times "something" would stick under the hood, and it would stall.  All I had to do was pop the hood, reach in, and lift up that 'something' that I'd been shown, and I'd be on my merry way.  So imagine the impressed looks I got when I stalled in the middle of a busy Phoenix intersection, and 'did my thing'.  Can't tell you what it was that kept sticking (doubt I even knew then) but it sure looked good when I fixed it! <G> 

No comments:

Post a Comment