Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quilting Tea

Linda hosted a delightful tea today for those of us who completed the Nesting Robin challenge.  Along with my quilt top (and contribution of brownies) I brought my camera to document the festivities - but when I went to take my first picture I discovered that the memory card wasn't it it.  (Lately I've been having trouble with the computer talking to the camera, and have had to take out the memory card and insert that directly into the computer to transfer pix.  Obviously the last time I did that I forget to put the card back into the camera... sigh!)
Linda also had trouble with her camera, but luckily her husband had another one that seemed to be working OK.  As soon as she sends me the pix from today I'll be sure to share them.

There was a lot of food - everything the ladies contributed was delicious - and we had a great day viewing everyone's finished projects.  Several of the ladies had theirs quilted and bound, but at least I wasn't the only one there with just a top to show for my efforts. I certainly enjoyed hearing the stories behind the quilts, and the reasons the ladies chose the themes/blocks/fabrics they did.  For most of us it was our first foray into a Round Robin type quilt, and we admitted that we were more comfortable trying it knowing that it would 'nest' with us instead of going on to another to be judged (and possibly found lacking.)
No real surprise that we did a fair amount of gabbing, and Linda had also prepared three quilting-themed party games.  I won one of them and so came home with a prize: a delicate pieced pin.  (Tip head to right to view correctly.)  The penny in the picture for scale will help you see how tiny the pieces are.
  
We each also started out with a small fabric patch pinned to us, which we had to forfeit if anyone caught us using the word "sew", "sewing", "sewed", etc.  I was the first one to lose mine, but in true Right-Left-Center fashion I then managed to catch several of the ladies and ended up picking up five.  That meant I also won that game - and all the squares.  Even think I know what I'm going to do with them (inspired by one of the many beautiful quilts displayed all around Linda's house.)

Shortly after I arrived home from a carefree day the doctor's office called with my results from yesterday.  Turns out I did fracture my little toe after all - though there's nothing to be done except not wear shoes, and wait for it to heal.  
 
And the results of my bloodwork show that my cholesterol is too high, both my total count and my LDL, so it's back to the doctor on Friday to decide how best to treat it.  Looks like all the goodies I ate at the tea today may be the last I'll be eating for a while.  Bummer!  You always hope to see results like this

instead of this

No comments:

Post a Comment