Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Thought I'd post some pix from the weekend's quilt retreat.  I had wanted to wear a particular t-shirt, but could not find it to pack.  Some of the ladies, however, were sporting appropriate sentiments -

Who else agrees with Ellen's tee and her mug?


Cathy has it right!


An appliqued Celtic knot definitely spruced up a plain tee.



During the shopping spree many of the ladies returned with this panel most quilters could relate to.  When Patty saw it she made a run to the shop to pick up one for herself... and I "let" her grab one for me also.  


"I went to the fabric store for one thimble.  I forget what happened after that."

"I don't need to 'find myself'.  I'm always at the sewing machine."

"Shopping List: fabric, fabric, quilting fabric, sewing fabric."

"The best way to tell if you're a fabric addict is to check your stash. 
If you can see the ceiling it's not that bad."

"Prozac, Schmozac! Haven't these people ever heard of a fabric store?"

"Fabric drives me sane."


Here are the 125 "spools of thread" that arrived at the retreat. Not sure what Ellen and Linda were discussing, but they sure look serious about something!


Below are the blocks that came home with me.  
(The one that I made is in the upper left corner.)



Here are the placemats for the challenge. 
(Mine is the one in the upper right corner.)


1st place (Judy?)

2nd place (Kim)

Tied for 3rd place:

Colleen

and Laura


Last year Ellen gave a bargello class, so this year the ladies showed off their finished products.








This was one of my favorites (can never go wrong with blue....)


and the quilting was exquisite!


Kim's was still a work in progress during this retreat.



And speaking of classes.... Cathy's husband popped in from time to time (he helped us schlep our stuff out to the car on Sunday) and Linda thought she'd surprise Cathy by teaching him how to sew.  






During Lucy's program on color, she used my quilt to demonstrate the use of the red and green "thingies" to check fabrics for value.


Enough for tonight.  Tomorrow hopefully I'll post the rest of the pix.  

No comments:

Post a Comment