Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Dinner last night was pronounced delicious by all, and afterward Alex and Aja headed over to the back house to get organized, with Tom's help.  Sam and Collin had helped them move most of Aja's stuff out of her second floor apartment and into a storage unit (which sounds like it is packed to the gills) and then stop by just long enough drop off her couch and a few boxes of essentials (like clothes) before Aja had to return the U-Haul to Scottsdale.  The rain (still coming down hard this morning, and by last evening the yard was already under water) had made traffic a mess, so they ended up an hour past the 4:00 deadline to return the truck.  Aja had been on the phone with them several times with a lateness update, and happily the guy there did not charge them extra.



By the time they called me to bring Tyga over, I was amazed at how homey it already looks over there.  



Sam and Collin had returned (Collin was glad to meet me in person after "knowing" me years ago when we all played Clash of Clans in the same clan.)  I brought over "Tom's" chocolate cake (that's it on the counter; the container "may" have been a clue that Tom was stretching the truth a bit?) 


Of course nobody complained, least of all these two happy campers after a very long, hard day's work!


Tyga seemed a bit confused to find "his" couch in a new setting, though the house of course is quite familiar to him.  He did (briefly) check out his own bed, tucked on the floor between the couch and the wall, but obviously prefers the couch.



I ended up reading until midnight (almost finished my current book, a novel that takes place in Oklahoma in the Dustbowl days of the mid-30s) so was not terribly happy to find myself awake a little after 5 this morning.  On the plus side I now have considerable time to post more quilt show pix before I have to think about heading to the gym this morning.  The good news is that my arm and shoulder are still feeling much happier after yesterday's (start of a) fix at the chiropractor. In the interest of letting that muscle heal more  (definitely in MY best interest!) I think it's a legs day!



Now for some more quilt pix from Saturday.  Brenda was the featured quilter, and (no surprise!) her quilts are stunning!  She was at the show, but I did not have the opportunity to meet her.


The quilt on the flyer was hung in front of a large window, 
which backlit it and made it difficult to get a good shot.  


Her Matriology: Yer Mudder Wears RED Underwear, was a hoot!


Basically it's shows the underwear of the times for the women in her family, 
from bloomers to bikini undies.This is her block:




And here are just a few of her many other quilts on display (at least I'm pretty sure all of these are also hers.  I did flit from here to there, snapping away!






I think these two are also part of Brenda's display - though not entirely sure.  While the sun pouring through the window washed out the color, you can still get the idea.




I did visit the vendor room, where PVP had a LOT of quilts, bags, placemats, etc. made by their members and up for sale. (Wish I'd snapped a shot of all the small wall-hangings up for sale!) While I admired many of them, I was actually able to leave without making a single purchase!  (I did, however, bring home a couple of ideas for placemats.)




Back in the main room, items hung in front of the stage were the easiest to photograph because there was room to step back from them:







Of course the smaller entries are always much easier to photograph!

















Time for a break; absolutely don't want to piss off my infraspinatus 
by sitting in front of the computer for too long!













No comments:

Post a Comment