Sunday, February 26, 2017

Patti update: She had a little something for dinner last night, and breakfast this morning, and everything (so far!) has stayed down.



Because I wasn't tired last night I decided to start resizing the quilt show pix - and an hour later I was still at it!  This morning I finished that task, so now I can start sharing; let the fun begin!

The hallways of the Rec Center were hung with winners from previous years.  I just wish this miniature SunBonnet Sue had been placed a little (okay, a lot!) lower instead of WAY over my head! 


In this rare case the picture was "better" than the actual quilt!




It's easy to see why this one got the People's Choice award its year. While it was also hung high (and you can see that the top half was in a shadow) the larger blocks at least made it viewable!


Here's a close-up of a block for Pokey.



Naturally I bought a raffle ticket, because "you can't win if you don't play".  Somehow I neglected to snap a pic of the actual quilt, possibly because I was side-tracked by this adorable quilted sign.  (Usually they're just printed on paper, but obviously one of the PVP ladies is an over-achiever.)  Given Linda's affinity for SBS, I'm wondering if this is her handiwork - but forgot to ask her.  We were so busy yesterday!



Before I headed into the main room of the show I stopped in to check out the Bling.




Naturally color was plentiful, and I found an abundance of creative projects. It would be impossible to choose a favorite, but this one definitely ranks high on my list.  Between the expressive eyes, the floppy ears, and the wonderfully outrageous earrings each pup is sporting, 



I found the colors in this bargello butterfly perfect!



Her "Ode on an Eye Surgeon" is quite creative! (text below picture)


"I can not read this chart, I can see all the obstacles in my way...
Dark clouds have me blind, Where's the rainbow I've been praying for."

"I can see clearly now, the cataracts are gone,
Gone are the smears that had me blind, 
It's gonna be a bright, sunshiny day."


And just a few more colorful beauties from the Bling Challenge:














Shortly off to the gym to see what (between my broken toe and my painful arm) I can actually do today!


No comments:

Post a Comment