Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Popped in at Foothills this morning to rendezvous with Irene; she loves the wedding quilt, and I love the quilting pattern she has suggested.  Plan A <g> is to have the top (and backing) finished by the next meeting (Feb. 8) so I can turn it over to her.  Deadlines are a good thing, right?



Did bring my camera with me so I could snap a few pix of the t-shirt quilt class, but when I turned it on I got the dead battery message.  Wish I'd grabbed the extra battery....Grrrr!



After a trip to the grocery store (difficult to bake bread when you're out of flour) I got the bread maker going for tonight's dinner, when Patti will be joining us.  Next I swept/mopped/vacuumed the various floors around the house (much needed!) and then swept the back patio and front porch.  Everything now looks much better (even me, since I finished up with a shower.)



After watching a little TV while enjoying the heating pad I decided I'd post some more retreat pix.  Enjoy some Show & Tell!

Colleen works in wool: 




Love, love, love the color gradation!



Cathy's quilts are full of color.




One Block Wonder 




Kim's row-by-row


and her dogs' portrait.



Yetta




Shelley


Hard to see here, but her bag is pieced together - and it reminded me of the clown cars at the circus, because she just kept pulling bag after bag after bag after bag out of it!  Wish I'd kept count, but (like everyone else) was laughing too hard by the end.




Laura's miniature was impressive - but she made it clear she will NOT be doing another one!



Carolyn's happy wall-hanging.



Denise sat next to me during the retreat, and spent the retreat working on a colorful braid. Like me, she definitely enjoys color!




Dee's quilts are scrappy.  I love her creations (got some good ideas for my lumberyard scraps from blocks she had up on the design wall) and was more than happy to end up with her placemat to take home.




Love the way the chevrons set off the focus fabric; another idea for a future quilt of mine! 



Beautiful detail work!



Ellen got a lot of quilting done when she traveled to the Czech Republic back in the fall (her husband had work there for 6 weeks.)


She does look a little confused by this quilt of hers - or else the optic effect is just making her loopy?



The fans in each block were pieced by a stack-and-whack method -


from that wild focus fabric!



Patty's version of the Rail Fence is beautiful in these colors.


Love her blue log cabin. :-)



A couple more bargello quilts - Kim was happy to finish hers up over the weekend.


Misha used "my" colors.   :-)


And that's it for the moment.  More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment