Sunday, August 31, 2014

Tom wants to smoke a brisket but hasn't been able to find one lately at the usual places.  He did a search  and found a butcher shop downtown that carries them, so Friday we schlepped down to Hobe Meats  (Bethany Home and 16th St.) and picked one up.  The place does a thriving business, and had some interesting stuff in their frozen section (alligator, rabbit, frogs legs the size of turkey drumsticks, etc.)  Obviously their frogs were a tad larger than this one...



Terry went into Salida for groceries, and stopped by Sacred Grounds (who never did pick up their phone) to see if they had my thermorest.  And there it was, minding its own business on a rocking chair.  She's going to pop it in the mail so it should soon be back home where it belongs.  At the moment I 'only' have two, so will be glad to see it when it arrives.

Wanda called Friday evening.  She'd been on the phone and so had the sound on her TV turned off, but saw Carol on the early news (something about getting A/C) and called to see if I had any details.  I watched at 10:00 but they didn't rerun it, so Saturday morning I called Carol and got the scoop.

Friday night I couldn't get sleepy.  Read until midnight, and then tossed and turned until almost 2:00.  I'm out of Lunesta, so I'd picked up some Sominex to try; that was a waste of money.  My Rx has run out, and my PCP has left the practice, so I'm going to have to find a new one sooner than later.  Anyone have a doctor they can recommend?


Thought I might sleep in Saturday, but I was up bright and early... and felt exhausted.  Didn't get much done in the morning, and dozed on the couch all afternoon.  Pretty wasted day!


Today is the Sew Day at Jeannie's house.  I never did get stuff organized for that yesterday, so after a trip to the grocery store (for my contribution to the pot luck salad for lunch, which also never happened yesterday) I'll figure out what I'm going to work on today.  It should be Jeff and Priscilla's wedding quilt.




No comments:

Post a Comment