Friday, August 8, 2014

When I accompanied Terry on our morning walk to the mailbox (we were sending back last night's Netflix, "Before Sunrise") I remembered to bring my camera, and snapped 'a few' pix of flowers and scenery.  Also got a bit of a refresher on IDing some of the flowers.

Washed my new dress this morning.  Good thing I did it all by itself, because it did bleed a lot of color.  But it also shrank like I wanted it to (the armholes had been too big.). Now it's another perfect hot springs dress.  Tom even commented on it when he saw me in it later.

It turns out I could have soaked this morning - they didn't drain/clean the apple tree pools until late morning.  But I had a good time in the party pool this afternoon, where conversations can run the gamut.  

For example, today I chatted with two sisters (Susie from Denver, and her sister Carolyn, visiting from Chicago, who were first timers; Susie had heard about Valley View years ago, but somehow never made it up until today.) Anyway, Carolyn's daughter has just had a baby boy, and has been reading up on 'how to raise boys'. One book, written by the mother of four sons, talked about having to get used to them shedding their clothes as soon as they came in the house; she wrote of having to tell one of them at dinner to "stop wrapping your penis around your fork."

And Cheryl, a nurse in Denver, talked about 'getting in trouble' for running free CPR classes while others were charging $45/person.

It did cloud over, and actually rain a little - but there was no thunder so I waited and yes, by the time I was pruned enough the sun had come out again.  (No fun getting out of the water when it's rainy and/or windy!) Walking back something 'told me' to check out the plate on a motorcycle - and I scored South Dakota, which ramps us up to 42. And a little further along the road I got to meet Edward, a long-time Valley View-er who has done much of their artwork.

We had (delicious) leftovers for dinner; Terry was hoping to clear the frig of at least a few containers, but I don't think we finished off anything.  Still, she rewarded us by baking yet another batch of cookies. Then it was off to the pavilion to enjoy the fire and listen to the band.  They were a little late getting started, but once they got going the dance floor was mobbed.  About the time I was feeling left out of all the fun Tom decided he would dance.  Fun evening, though around 10:30 we started to drag and headed back.  I opened my window and could easily hear the last half hour of the set from the comfort of my bed.

Party weekend is off to a good start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment