Friday, August 29, 2014

I've been meaning to get over to Patti's all week to pick up my plants, but by the time I would think about it the temps (and humidity) advised me otherwise.  So this morning I did it first thing - and got to wave 'hello' at Patti just before she headed off to work.  I still have a few more left over there, but at least most of them are now back at home - and the front porch doesn't look so bare any more.


Then I got to work on my vacation photographs, and they are (more or less) ready to post.  Thought I'd start with signs/bumper stickers for today's smiles.

This is outside a restaurant in Telluride.


Outside there's a nice patio for dining/drinking... at least in the summer!



We saw lots of wall murals in Colorado, and this one was in Ridgway.  
The awning reads "Speak to the earth and it will teach you"  :-)



This little shop is outside the entrance to the Black Canyon of the Gunnison.



This 'enhanced' stop sign is in Salida.


You'll also find this mini library in front of someone's house in Salida.  The sign underneath reads "Take a book, leave a book".



This bumper sticker was on a car at the hot springs.



As was this one.



And this one.



Doug, who works at the hot springs, was hard at work judging the raft pile contest during the annual Members Weekend.



I love the positive energy of Stacy's hat:



Made me smile when I saw this in the Bolt Action quilt store in Rifle.  It would be very useful at home in my sewing room!



I never saw a purple cow - but I did see this pink dinosaur welcoming folks to Vernal. (near Dinosaur National Monument)



This was posted in the town of Dinosaur, but the restaurant wasn't open that day... so we don't know if it's true or not.



This was out in front of that great little museum, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, that Rosa Lee took me to. Guess the closing date is up for grabs?



Driving into Nederland, we saw lots of hitchhikers, most looking pretty scroungy, thumbing for rides out of town.  When we saw this variation of the 'no service' sign posted on one of the restaurants in town we understood why.



This was a fun store to browse. 
(It was in the same town where Tom found plastic in his gyro later.)



In the bookstore in Ouray I got a chuckle out of the "books for aging hippies" category. 



Lots to look at and read at the Handlebar Saloon in Silverton, like the red PMS sticker ("allows a woman to act once a month like a man does every day")


and this sign for free beer 
(note the disclaimer in fine print: "urns not accepted!")



Too bad this store, also in Silverton, 
had a need to post "please don't pick the flowers."



Good advice in the quilt store in Delores:



So now I've finally posted a few pix from our recent travels, and really should go get something done around the house.  But stay tuned for more pix over the next several days as I take you along on our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment