Saturday, August 23, 2014

FRIDAY, August 22

I slept really well last night.  Didn't hear the rain storm, and (for the first time in decades?) didn't get up during the night.  But I did wake up with a nasty headache, so maybe I didn't drink enough water yesterday?

The quilt show was wonderful, and well worth hanging around for! I liked that we got to choose favorites in half a dozen categories, instead of just one... but it was still difficult to decide!  Of course I took lots of pix, which I will eventually share.  I sewed a block for a charity quilt, shopped the vendors (told the woman from the Durango quilt store all about our problems there yesterday) and the boutique, and generally enjoyed myself.  And the quilt store, just a block away from the community center, was delightful... everything in vivid colors.  Virginia, the owner, does her classes on YOUR schedule, so (as she said) there are no excuses.  Except that I live a day's drive away? <g>

Strange but true: Just as we passed the over state line into Arizona it started to rain, fairly hard.  I'd been taking pix of beautiful clouds ever since we left Delores.  Some serious rain, and lightning, but otherwise an uneventful drive through the wide open spaces of the reservation.

Very green around Flagstaff, and riots of wildflowers; obviously been raining there. The San Francisco Peaks were socked in, and it was amazingly cool... AND remained so even into Phoenix!  We arrived home around 5:30, to temps only around 90, and a jungle of a yard.  The computer is still down; Alex called COX the beginning of the month, and they did send someone out although the problem was never solved. Tom finally got through this evening and someone will be out tomorrow - plus they are crediting us for the month. But ironically now that I am home I cannot post.

Got to visit with Alex for a couple of hours (before he headed out to his second job, at The Mint), go through the phone messages and glance at the mail, do a little unpacking and throw in a load of laundry.  Everything else will just have to wait until (at least) tomorrow. <g>

Surprisingly, I did not upload my (zillion) photos to the computer.  That will also wait until tomorrow. 

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment