Sunday, August 3, 2014

SUNDAY, August 3

After a lazy morning and a soak, I went with Terry to the final day of the Crestone Music Festival.  (The guys decided they didn't want to go.)  We sat with her sister Elinor and BIL Richard; good to see them again after many years. The music was varied, and I enjoyed most of the groups.  We had sun for most of the day (we didn't get there early enough to score a spot under one of the three tents) but around 6:00 a storm rolled in.  While we had brought rain gear 'just in case', we did manage to squeeze in under one of the tents and stay dry (and reasonably warm.)

The festival was considerably larger than I expected; there were two stages, and lots of vendors (although all I bought was the last festival tank-top tee... Sorry, Elinor!) and food booths, plus several kid-friendly venues.  Terry had me psyched up for one of the crepes - but that booth ran out of food and closed long before we were ready for dinner, so we had to 'settle' for gyros.  I was lucky to get one shortly before they ran out of lamb.  Met some of Terry's friends (and even ran into an old friend of mine) and did a little dancing.  Another great day!


MONDAY, August 4

Not sure why I didn't post yesterday's entry yesterday; I was jazzed up from the day's festivities and was up late because I wasn't tired.

Lots of soaking today, in various pools.  Terry took a picture of Tom & me at my very favorite-ist spot in the party pool.  I also got a picture of camp host Kevin with some of his amazing artwork.

I did lunch, which happily got excellent reviews from everyone.  This afternoon Terry cooked up some bison for tonight's dinner (enchiladas), I watched her make yogurt (never seen that done before), and then we made up a scratch batch of chocolate chip/pecan cookies.   No one is going hungry here!

Today I got to see a Calliope hummingbird 'in the flesh' - so I can add that to my List.  But of the ones here, I have to say I like the colors of the male Roufus the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment