Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sewing "help"

I've seen lots of pix on quilting blogs of cats and dogs 'helping' by serving as Quality Control and checking out fabric and quilts.  But this was the first post that showed one 'helping' during the actual sewing.  I'm glad that Sapphire does not feel the need to help me in that way.

Speaking of Sapphire - last night she got one of her claws stuck in the fisherman knit afghan I made about 25 years ago.  She let out a sound of pain I've (thankfully!) never heard before (I thought Tom was 'meowing' at her) before yanking herself free.  There was no blood, but I'll have to keep an eye out for infection... looks like she ripped it totally off.  

The afghan seemed to fare better - I was able to knot the yarn she pulled loose. Here's a picture of her from last winter when she was enjoying the afghan.

I've got things to do today to get ready for the Foothills Quilting party tomorrow, and Lisa's arrival home the day after.  But a little under the weather, and would much rather cheer myself up by playing with some of my quilting stuff.  So should I procrastinate (yet some more?) and get my 'must do' things done, or lose myself in quilting?  Only time will tell...


No comments:

Post a Comment