Saturday, December 10, 2011

Chocolate Dream

I've been very good food-wise (even after listening to the ladies at quilting on Wednesday discussing Christmas cookies and other goodies) but last night decided I could splurge.  We had Neil's farewell dinner at Carrabba's, and until dessert I was really pretty good (salad, broccoli, and a melt-in-my-mouth medium rare filet mignon) although I must admit that I did have ONE piece of bread to dip in their yummy oil.  
 But if you think that's cheating, look what else I did....
I had planned ahead and saved some room for the Sogno Di Cioccolata (Chocolate Dream) dessert, "A rich fudge brownie brushed with Kahlua,with chocolate mousse, fresh whipped cream and homemade chocolate sauce."
 Not surprisingly it's so rich I could only manage to finish half; the rest is parked in the refrigerator until that point I can no longer resist.  This morning the scale shows I gained a pound after last night's 'debauchery', but since yesterday morning I had  registered another new low it isn't too distressing.

Just finished a new Jeffrey Archer novel Only Time Will Tell, which I thoroughly enjoyed.  It's the first (of five) in a planned Clifton Chronicles series, and (sigh) not only does the last sentence leave you hanging... the second book (Sins of the Fathers)  isn't due out until Spring 2012.
"The epic tale of Harry Clifton's life begins in 1920, with the words 'I was told that my father was killed in the war.'  A dock worker in Bristol, Harry never knew his father, but he learns about life on the docks from his uncle, who expects Harry to join him at the shipyard once he's left school.  But then an unexpected gift wins him a scholarship to an exclusive boys' school, and his life will never be the same again."

Today must be Gingerbread Boy buttons if I'm to get that finished in time for this holiday season. 
(Can you tell that I'm really not enjoying that part?)

No comments:

Post a Comment