Thursday, December 22, 2011

3 candles tonight




Yesterday's party with the Busy Bees was fun, and the food was (as expected) delicious.  I threw caution to the winds and even had a little chocolate cake, plus two pieces of Carol's angel food cake!  A couple of other ladies also brought deviled eggs, so I had plenty of mine leftover to bring home for the family (who, of course, weren't allowed to have any beforehand.)

Sidenote: I still don't know the results of my cholesterol test.  Apparently the vitamin D part of the test takes longer, and the lab will wait and send both results to the doctor at once.  Sure was hoping for some good news. (The results of yesterday's eat-a-thon showed up on the scale this morning.)

The assorted mug rugs were wonderfully original - 
the ladies obviously had fun creating them.  

Wish I'd thought to snap a picture of the table before they were distributed and opened, but they certainly were enticing packages.  I, however, had no trouble deciding which one to 'choose'... mine was the last name drawn from the bowl.

Joni Lancaster (who ended up with my bee-themed mug rug, shown in a previous post) also chose bees for her motif:

Not surprisingly, there were a number of snowmen.  Carol Simpson made this one:
And Joyce Heuett created this one.  Her mug reads "Let me Sew!"  
If you look closely you'll see scissors and 3D spools of thread.

I don't know who made this one, but I'd love to get some of those "I need coffee now!" notes for Tom, who can't find the floor in the morning before coffee.

Joanne Woodfill made mine.  Very much appreciated, because lately it seems it's been patch, patch, patch. 

Betty was especially glad to see me arrive - she needed help working the digital camera she'd borrowed from her daughter.  While showing Betty how to use the camera, I took the best-ever picture of Carol!  It was nice to hear that Betty found my instructions clear and easy to understand (maybe because, as a technology immigrant myself, I know just how she feels - everyone around here just rolls their eyes at me when I ask for help!)

No comments:

Post a Comment