Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lynette

Yesterday afternoon I got what I at first thought was a child's prank call.  The 'caller' on the other end turned out to be Lynette (who just turned 3) whose mom does my nails. Whenever I go to the salon I bring some children's books for Lynette to 'read', and she was calling to see if I would come read to her.  It was a welcome reprieve from the gingerbread boy buttons, so I was happy to go.  Spent about half an hour reading her some of my favorite books from Lisa and Alex's childhood, and when I was leaving her Mom gave me a gift certificate for a complimentary pedicure.  What a win/win situation.  Next time I go I'll grab my camera so you can all see how adorable Lynette is.  It's been so much fun watching her vocabulary (and reasoning skills) expand at ever increasing speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment