Saturday, July 2, 2011

Set new heat record today

We hit 118 degrees today, breaking the old record of 116 for this date.
And I picked today to mow the back yard!  I did come inside several times to rehydrate, and of course kept taking regular breaks in the pool.  It wasn't that bad (of course I did mow in the morning, starting when it was only around 100) although I did end up with a headache for the rest of the day.  Have to feel really sorry for those folks around the Valley whose power is out.  

And on the news tonight, they showed Sheriff Joe visiting Tent City, where he was measuring the temps; in the center of the tents he got a reading of 145!  

I AM GRATEFUL FOR MANY THINGS:
A/C,
ice cubes, 
our swimming pool, 
 lightweight summer fabrics,
and last, but not least....
not being incarcerated at Tent City!

No comments:

Post a Comment