Thursday, July 21, 2011

clutter

While wandering around in various quilting blogs today, I stumbled upon one called ClutteredQuilter.  If you could see my sewing area, you'd understand why it called to me.  :-)
 I liked her take on CHAOS: Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrome!
  
Maybe if I put it into writing I'll be more obligated to deal with it, so here goes:
I have good intentions, really I do - but there's always something better to do (read a book, watch a movie, sew, roam around the internet) than clean up!
I have, however, tried to use the OHIO method: Only Handle It Once.  Instead of just setting something down, I'm really trying to actually put it away where it belongs.  Only takes a few seconds more (usually), and it certainly does help.
  My mother is very neat & organized - she really doesn't understand how all my 'stuff' doesn't bother me.  Guess I'm just a collector (packrat?) at heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment