Wednesday, July 6, 2011

apple tree

After last Wednesday's demo I was eager to try out Carol's Pineapple method.
When I want to try out something new I usually make a baby quilt.  (Since I need to make at least 2 each year for Foothills, it's not like it'll 'go to waste'.)   Looking through my fabric I found a Holly Hobbie scrap to use for the center blocks.  
 My main 'problem' (as noted in an earlier post) is that my rather large stash is very colorful, and finding neutral fabrics isn't easy.  So when I found a piece that would work I was pretty happy.  Unfortunately it turned out to be about 1/4" shy of what I needed, although I figured I could "make" it work.  As as result, my blocks came out a little wonky, but I'm hoping that it'll 'quilt out'.  
 We shall see!  As Tom noted, it's not like the baby will care...

No comments:

Post a Comment