Friday, July 15, 2011

Flip Flops

Wednesday was the drawing for the flip flop blocks at Foothills Quilters, which I really hoped to win.  Tuesday night we got dinner at Pei Wei's, and my fortune cookie seemed to be a good omen:
 Just to 'help', I brought the fabric I'd been saving for 'just the right quilt', and brought it with me for good luck.  It would make perfect sashing for this quilt!
Then I 'casually' mentioned my intention to win.
That bragging may have been my downfall - my name wasn't pulled from the basket, Joyce's was.  However, out of the goodness of her heart
 she gifted the blocks to me.  Said she'd won the blocks she really wanted (the umbrellas) and thought I should have the flip flops.  What a sweetie!  Not sure I deserve them after my whining, but I'm certainly appreciative!!!  Here they are in all their glory -

Louise's example block

Joyce's block
 

Sharon's block (actually purple, but all the pix I took came out blue)

Patty's block
 

'other' Bobbi's block

this adorable block, with 3D flowers, has no name  :-(  and I've already forgotten who made it - further 'proof'' of why we need to sign our blocks!!!
My block doesn't quite stack up to the rest, but once in the quilt it shouldn't be so noticeable.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment