Wednesday, August 30, 2017

When we are transferring Neil via the Hoyer Lift, sometimes the chains can dig into his arms.  So in addition to all the other things we need to keep track of, I usually have my hand wedged between his arm and the chain.  Yesterday the hospice nurse suggested using pool noodles, so today I captured a couple of the skinny ones - and now we have a much more colorful contraption!  We used it this afternoon, and the noodles seem to help a lot.



Terry made yet another delicious meal for my farewell dinner, and for dessert she baked brownies (from scratch, of course) that were scrumptious.  But that's only part of the good news... I'm getting to take the leftovers with me on my drive!



I'm here so long that I always worry about wearing out my welcome, but today Terry told Michael (when they spoke on the phone and he said she sounded a little down) that she's sad that I'm leaving.



No comments:

Post a Comment