Tuesday, August 15, 2017

This morning I slept in until an absolutely decadent time. In fact it was so late when I opened my eyes that I'm embarrassed to cite the actual time! The good news is that I feel just fine and there doesn't seem to be a 'reason' for it.



Today is Karen's birthday; she is celebrating by spending the day in town with Elinor (who has a PT appointment) getting a pedicure and massage.  Tonight the whole gang will be up here for a birthday feast, so Terry is busy today whipping up culinary delights for the festivities.


Steve also made a trip into town to do his grocery shopping, but a transformer blew and Safeway's power went out.  So much for his shopping!  (Elinor and Karen heard the explosion from where they were, but while their lights flickered they didn't lose power.)



I got my Ancestry DNA results today, and they were absolutely NO surprise. 


Ethnicity Estimate: 95% European Jewish

Europe: 99% (mainly Germany, Poland, Ukraine - which I already knew)
94% European Jewish 
3% Italy/Greece 
1% Caucasus
1% Europe West
1% Other Regions


After we got Neil settled for the day I made it up to the Party Pool, where I wielded my magic on the steps and landing rock with the wire brush.  They definitely needed attention since I scrubbed them several weeks ago - and one man exiting afterward bestowed a Safety Award upon me!  Always nice to be appreciated...


Glen made an appearance this afternoon,
sporting a new hat since I had "appropriated" the one from last year. 


He said Martin was here (for his anniversary) and was "wondering if the Sam McGee lady was around this year." So maybe I'll bump into him (can't quite bring up a face to go with the name) and he'll get to hear it again.   (Did I mention that Mark had me recite it for Rosemary on Sunday? She'd never heard it before!)


Aleia came by the party pool giving the tour to a couple with a mini Aussie. 
She sure was adorable... think I'm in love!


No comments:

Post a Comment