Thursday, August 17, 2017

When Doug dropped off an oversize (and heavy) package yesterday that had come for Terry, I got permission from him to trim those few branches that were impeding entry/exit to the lower apple pool, and kept trying to poke people in the eye. 


Since we were going to be on a later than usual dinner schedule (Terry and Mark had a late lunch in town, and Karen and Rosemary were going up to see the bats and would be home late) I went for a late afternoon soak and took the trimmers with me.  Of course it didn't take much to snip the few offending shoots.  Doug happened by just a few minutes later giving a tour, and he approved of my handiwork.


Terry had left the gate open (makes bringing in the countless bags of groceries easier, and with no dog now it doesn't really matter) and one of the fawns wandered into the yard.  I didn't have my camera handy, so just had to watch without documenting. So much fun to see the little ones!

When it was nearing dinnertime and I was 'driving' Neil into the kitchen, he put his hand over mine on the controls - so I asked him if he wanted to help.  He flashed me a clear "are you nuts?" look, and then in his regular voice (he's mostly speaking in falsetto these days) he said, "Are you kidding?"  We love the flashes of the old Neil, and it made us really laugh.



Yesterday while Terry was in town getting groceries he warmed my heart; I had done something for him (and don't even remember what it was) and he pulled me toward him and gave me a kiss on the cheek.  So he's in there somewhere! 



It was a great bat flyout from the mine last night, and Rosemary got a terrific video.  Unfortunately it was too large a file to fit into an e-mail, so I can't share it here.  You'll just have to be satisfied with this still shot of hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment