Friday, August 18, 2017

This morning I woke up with several painful (spider?) bites on the back of my thigh.  Hopefully whatever bit me is long gone; I did, however, wash my bedding today to ensure an eviction.  While I was waiting for my laundry I packed our camping gear.  Still have to figure out food tomorrow.  

After warming up in the apple pools I did get into the swimming pool for a bit.  Mark told me about the numerous trips he and Karen have taken around the world to see various species of penguins, including Philip Island in Australia (the only place I've seen them in the wild.)



Karen and I soaked this afternoon at the party pool, where there was an extended family group with almost-two-year-old Shelby (she has the most wonderful smile!) who enjoyed trying to catch the water my hand was spouting, and a baby boy whose mom was happy for my loan of my baby sarong to cover him (because the sun kept peeking through the leaves where they were 'hiding' in the shade.)


As we were leaving, Josh arrived wearing an arrowhead t-shirt I know Tom would like.




Walking past, we wondered why these flowers were parked on top of this car.



This doe was very relaxed, unlike the young stag that sprinted past the party pool this afternoon.


Terry spent all afternoon cooking; I think there were 15 of us for dinner.  Tomorrow is Christina's 10th birthday, but we celebrated tonight.



I've been dragging this afternoon and evening. 



Not bringing my laptop with me, but if there is wifi in the hotel tomorrow or Monday I may be able to blog.  Otherwise, look for me back on Tuesday.


No comments:

Post a Comment