Friday, September 1, 2017

I took the leftover halves of the skinny noodles with me when I headed up for my last soak, intending to drop them off in the basket at the swimming pool.  But there were two toddlers in the kiddie pool, and I thought the mini-noodles would be perfect for them.  Everyone was delighted - especially Mom!


I asked Mike about his tattoo.  He said most people couldn't identify the language, though Lisa would have gotten it; it's Elvish. 


Wish the macro on my camera worked (remember that's the main reason I replaced my old camera, when the macro button quit working) so I could have gotten Rachel's Greek word, an older version of Philomath, which translates to a lover of learning. 



Chatted with Alicia (she had given up trying to finish The 100-year-old-man before she left; I've already put it on my library Hold and it could be waiting for me tomorrow) who turned out to be an ICU trauma nurse, and some of the guys from yesterday.  Jon didn't have Sam with him (I had 'rescued' him on Wednesday after he wound most of his rope around the tree) but did bring him by later so he could say goodbye.  


It's always hard to leave, and several of my new friends tried to convince me that it really is nice at Valley View in the winter. 


I told them the only reason I'd be back before next summer is if there was some sort of emergency and Terry needed my help with Neil.  Of course I joked that whoever picks me up in Denver at the airport wouls need to bring a warm parka to get me from the terminal to the car. (And yes, Sam McGee came up again, though this time there was someone in the pool who knew the initial stanza!)  Two of the guys (one from Denver, one from Boulder) insisted on giving me their phone numbers to provide that ride; everyone wants to help out Neil and Terry.




This vehicle from Indiana has been to a lot of wonderful places,
many of which I've also visited...


But somehow I missed this one!



Before I left, Elinor made it over with two more bags of t-shirts after I 'complained' that there just weren't enough in the bag I got from her on Tuesday.  It will be fun to play with them over the winter and then bring their new quilt with me next summer. 



I did make my 2:00 exit deadline, but turns out Steve thought I got a late start because he mistook Elinor's car for mine.  They are both gray...



It was an uneventful drive to Cortez, with cloud cover most of the way (and rain here and there) and since I didn't need to make any stops I arrived just after 6:00.  (I recognized the EconoLodge as the place where I left my little down pillow some 20 years ago.  I called as soon as we got home and I realized, but they hadn't found it.) My room is the first one at the top of the stairs, and EVERY time someone goes up/down the stairs my bed shakes - a lot.  Pretty annoying - but also scary!  What does that say about the construction of this place? 



It was still dark when I woke up, but it's getting light out, so I think I'll pack up, hit the continental breakfast, and get on the road.  Patti's e-mail yesterday talked about the heat, and suggested I might want to stay in Colorado longer.  And Tom has requested that I bring some of the cooler Colorado weather with me.  Arizona heat, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment