Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Andy has gotten me "enrolled" in his current Evidence class. (While I did take the books with me to the hot springs, as he predicted <g> I didn't open them once.)  Guess I'd better get busy and catch up on the first class, which was held last week.  



Happily last night I got a little more sleep; it helped that I did take something to make sure, and the new (faux down) pillow I got yesterday worked just fine. I was still busy sawing logs when (Tom's?) phone woke me at 5:30... which did not make me happy.   



On the plus side I got all of the overgrown lantana out front trimmed before it got too hot.



One of my morning calls was to make an appointment with Acura for Thursday to have my (now keyless) locks removed from my tires and new ones installed.  The entire time I was traveling I worried I'd get a flat and have no way to change the tire.  (Since it was a last minute change for Tom not to go and drive his truck, I was blind-sided when I went to have my oil changed and tires rotated, and discovered that the "thingie" was MIA.)  Luckily a flat tire crisis never happened!

"Don't tell me worry doesn't help; most of the things I worry about never happen."



My first errand this morning was to get prints made of the best shots from vacation for Hilda (Terry, Karen, & Elinor's mom.) Terry just confirmed Hilda's new address, which means I can pop them in the mail tomorrow.



This afternoon I started back up at the gym. While (as expected) it was obvious to me I have a little catching up to do, the fact that my back did so well on Sunday proves that it's all been worth it. 



After the gym I deposited some checks at the bank, one of which came as a complete surprise: a refund from the bank itself for some (unspecified) fees it should not have charged.


My final stop before heading home was to drop off my ring at the jeweler for some repairs.  At some point over vacation I broke off a prong and lost one of the sapphires that surround the diamond.  The woman commented that I must have given it quite a knock to break it off like that.  She's pretty sure they have some stones that will match the remaining sapphires, so I should have my ring back in just a few days. 


She also commented that she liked my shirt, the one Carolyn hates. Since I was the only customer left in the store at that point I told her the story.  When I mentioned the fact that Carolyn and I share a birthday, which just occurred on Sunday, she told me that her favorite niece, who lives in Wichita (like Carolyn) also shares that special day. Coincidence!



Still have to make sure I'm ready for tomorrow morning's class, but otherwise "done" for the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment