Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Naturally I would have liked to sleep past 5:30 this morning.  But on the plus side, I should have plenty of time for housekeeping (to get ready for the exterminator who is scheduled for this afternoon) before heading to the gym.



Spent some time on the phone this morning working out the issues with my Discover card.  I had assumed we had reached our credit limit, but after Rene looked into things that turned out not to be the case.  Not sure why my card was deactivated the end of May while Tom's, on the same account, is still working fine.  But (in theory) it should be working now.  Of course I won't know for sure until after I try (again) to order the kitchen appliances.



Also touched base with Doris, who will be my co-hostess at Busy Bees tomorrow.  I'll be bringing fruit (just like last week at Foothills) and she'll be responsible for some baked goods.  Since her Life is a tad hectic these days (there seems to be a lot of that going around!) she was a little concerned about "whether it would be okay" to buy tomorrow's goodies instead of baking them.  I assured her that if anyone should have an issue with that (though not really likely!) it will be that person's problem.  Anyone who likes to bake (like Peggy) is certainly free to do so - but for the rest of us, that's why bakery departments were invented, right?



* * * * *  a little later * * * * *


I had a reasonable workout at the gym, though I'm definitely not quite back up to speed yet.  In fact I'm still a little sore from my leg workout on Friday!  Next stop was Spencer's, where (happily) my Discover card did work, just as Rene promised - so now Adam can actually order the appliances.  Then it was a quick pop in at Winco for the fruit, and I was back home well before Ken was scheduled at 1:00.  (As usual he was right on time.)  While here he helped me close up Creepy's filter; I just don't quite have the strength for that final 'oomph' to get the clasp closed.



I called Bill (who did the kids' bathroom remodel) and he is willing to do the electrical fixes in the kitchen (put in some additional outlets, and move the outlet for the oven), and also tear out the wood floor in there.  So I'm making progress on my remodel To-Do List.



Speaking of lists, today I was able to set the DVR to start recording a new show, The Good Doctor, that premieres on September 25 and sounds promising, but <sigh> could not yet set This Is Us to start taping on the 26th... though I  should be able to access that tomorrow.  (Instead of "a day late and a dollar short", I was obviously a day too early!)

No comments:

Post a Comment