Friday, September 8, 2017

This morning I did some yardwork, and had no trouble using up all the rocks Alex collected for me yesterday.  After I filled in and covered over the first layer with dirt I laid some of the flatter rocks on top.  It looks pretty good, but naturally I won't know until after the next irrigation how my handiwork actually does.  There are still several more gates that need attention - but I'm out of rocks.  



I did a leg workout at the gym today, and (despite the 2-month hiatus) Jim had me try a couple of new things.  I managed the first one okay, but the other, well, let's just say it was a reasonably spectacular fail and he got a good laugh. 


 He did mention that I'll be feeling the results of today's session
for the next couple of days.  


I was planning on attending his Boot Camp on Sunday, trying to get back to my "regular" schedule.  But if I can hardly walk...



On the way home I filled up with gas (prices are definitely up) and then picked up my ring at the jeweler.  They matched the remaining 11 sapphires beautifully! 


While I was waiting he offered to clean my other rings, and now they're all so clean and sparkly that I almost need my eclipse glasses.  (I am wearing my eclipse tee today.)



We spent the bulk of the afternoon at the cabinet place today finalizing the plans before getting the estimate.  James will be out on Monday afternoon to do the official measure, and then everything will be ordered.  Yesterday Tom finalized the appliance order, and (surprise, surprise) after tax, freight charges, installation, etc. the total was CONSIDERABLY higher than the number we were given on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment