Friday, September 15, 2017

Lunch at the Persian restaurant Wanda has been raving about was as good as she'd been telling me, and I will definitely add it to my List of places to eat.  We made a trip down to 35th Ave. (the sewing machine was ready to be picked up) and "as long as I was in the neighborhood" I used a coupon before it expired.  Pretty sure that fabric will find its way into a future landscape quilt.  By the time we got back to her the house (after picking up her car) we were ready for dessert - and Mary's chocolate pie was TDF!  I'm really glad Wanda saved some to share with me.  And speaking of dessert, I love the cake quilt she's working on for a (Mavericks?) challenge, using bright Kaffe Fasset fabrics.  We had fun auditioning embellishments.

I arrived home at 4:30 to find irrigation water running down the street from somewhere up-ditch of us, definitely NOT a good sign!  So I called the zanjero as I walked to the back to see if we were getting water, scheduled to reach us at 4:28.  The good news is that water had just arrived, right on schedule.  

With Patti coming for dinner I made some preparations, and started up the grill (for the salmon) when she arrived at 5:20.  While dinner cooked we started watching Jackie, which Patti had brought with her.  I had my phone alarm set so I wouldn't space out letting the water go, and would anyone be surprised that it went off literally just as I was putting the very first bite of food into my mouth.  Murphy's Law strikes again!  As I headed out to let the water go, I could see that considerably more water was flowing down the street from wherever the leak was.  However we still seemed to get a thorough watering.

Still need to pack for the weekend.  Hard to think about warm clothes, but the news reported that last night it got down below freezing in Flag for the first time this season.


No comments:

Post a Comment