Thursday, September 21, 2017


This year I did not make arrangements for attending services, so am missing the annual blowing of the shofar.  (Even though I have one here at the house, I will not be blowing my own horn!)



These days the weather is delightful in the early mornings (I love being able to open the doors and let in some fresh air) and today I spent a couple of hours doing yardwork: trimming, raking, sweeping, watering, etc.  Everything just keeps looking better and better, and I noticed that the volunteer scarlet sage/salvia (which had been a lovely addition to the plants out front - until it bit the dust literally overnight last spring) has popped up again. 



After a long absence the neighborhood peacock reappeared in our backyard, though he seems to be missing a lot of his tail feathers and is looking quite a bit worse for wear.





I ended up having lunch with Wanda and then making a sortie down to 35th Ave. with her.  She needed a bottle of something to set the dye in the fabric from yesterday's class, and while I didn't need any fabric I was more than willing <g> to tag long.  As it turns out, I found her the perfect fabric she needs for the background of her Kaffe Kake project.  And (anyone surprised?) I found some gorgeous elephant fabric that will "probably" find its way into something for Andy. 
The rest of the afternoon was spent "attending" his class lectures and catching up on the reading assignments.  SO FAR I feel like I have a good understanding of the concepts!




This evening I watched the next episode of The Viet Nam War documentary, which I'm continuing to find informative and interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment