Friday, November 13, 2015

I was up during the night with a headache, so took something to help me sleep.  And this morning I slept in until after 8:00!  The other good news is that my headache seems to be gone.

I got a call back from the doctor's office about my lack of pain relief from the cortisone shot (more than 10 days ago), and have an appointment on Monday morning to discuss further 'options'.  Though it sounds like surgery is the only one left, which doesn't leave me much of a "choice": continued pain and lack of the use of my writing hand, or surgery.  Sigh...

At least at the gym this morning I was able to feel real progress.  The one machine that is my least favorite (it has always made my quads burn practically from the start of the exercise) today let me get to the 3rd set without any burn - and then only on the last one or two reps.  That was a definite first!  And on another machine, Jim has had to up the weight because it had gotten too easy.  


The jeweler had left a message on the phone saying that my ring was ready to be picked up, and since it's only a mile away I decided to get it today and not wait until my necklace clasp is replaced.  So imagine my (happy) surprise when both of them were ready and waiting for me.  Plus she took $5 off of the cost of the clasp repair.  

Coming home from the quilt program on Wednesday I saw heavy police presence on Union Hills where it was blocked off around 41st Ave. just a stone's throw from the house.  I found out on the news that it was the scene of a fatal accident.  As is too often the case <sigh> the drunk driver was okay while sadly the innocent driver died.

                  Phoenix police say James Coughenour, 36, was impaired when his full-size pickup truck collided with a sports car near 41st Avenue and Union Hills Drive at about 11:30 a.m.  The collision left the sports car nearly wrapped around the pole, and its driver, 21-year-old Timothy Jordan, had to be extricated from the vehicle. Phoenix fire officials say he was taken to a hospital in very serious condition, while the driver of the truck refused medical treatment. Jordan died at the hospital,

No comments:

Post a Comment