Sunday, November 22, 2015

As soon as it got light this morning I put on a heavy sweatshirt, took off my sweatpants, and went out to scoop the remaining 6 or so inches water out of the bottom of the hot tub.  (WHO engineered it so that the drain is not at the lowest point?!)  


I had barely filled and tossed more than 2 or 3 buckets of the water out the window when I slipped (because water also collects on the slanted seats where I had to stand to toss the bucketfuls) and went down hard on my butt into the (cold!) water.  Not only did that HURT my lower back, but I also got much of my sweatshirt sopping.  


So I limped inside to change into dry undies and another sweatshirt and then continued, more carefully, until the tub was fully drained/cleaned and everything inside the gazebo was wiped down.  It felt good to come inside, put on socks and sweats, then stretch out on the heating pad.  I've gotten a lot of reading done today, but <sigh> not much else.



Unless I'm much better tomorrow, looks like a trip to the chiropractor is in order... because it sure would be nice to be able to stand up straight to walk, or get on/off the bed without serious sound effects!


No comments:

Post a Comment