Friday, November 20, 2015

Before my session with Jim this morning I decided to see if my foot would allow me to do my cardio on the stairmaster machine, and it complied: I ended up climbing 20 minutes (!) at Level 3, which translates to over 600 steps.  That's way past anything I've ever accomplished on it!!!


While I did work up a bit of a sweat, I still managed to keep my heart rate below the maximum, which is more good news (and further proof that my body is getting stronger.)  Other great news is that my foot did not give me any trouble at all, further indication that the stress fracture has healed nicely.  The actual workout with Jim went well, with the exception of one deltoid machine where <sigh> I had difficulty doing it correctly.



In a bit I'm off to the library to drop off A Dog Year: Twelve Months, Four Dogs, and Me by Jon Katz (a delightful read; thanks for recommending it, Mom!) I'll also be able to pick up at least 2 more from the Hold shelf; there could actually be 3 or 4 waiting for me since a couple more books are listed as having been shipped.  Life is good!



No comments:

Post a Comment