Monday, August 24, 2020

 On last evening's walk we passed an RV with an outside kitchen - 

which I think is a great idea!  


When I admired the set up, the the man cooking (delicious-smelling chicken?) said it was a wonderful way to keep smoke/odors outside.  Since it was dark I didn't even bother to try to take a photo last night, and this morning when Brownie and I cruised by it was all closed up. (That door, when flipped  up, provides a helpful roof.)  In addition to a stove I'm pretty sure the kitchen had a sink and a frig.



Got this off of an RV site, and their kitchen did have this gray "brick" wall.



Over the years I've seen a wide array of camping vehicles,  In the old days there was a preponderance of DIY hippie contraptions - though none more basic than my Suburban!  

While it's still quite smokey from the (Grand Junction?) fires, now we can at least see Road GG (my favorite dirt road <g>) and get a glimpse of the mountains across the valley.


I made another baby snake rescue last night – actually “twice”, since when I moved the little critter from the road to the weeds it immediately negated my help as it slithered right back onto the road and I had to move it off the road a second time.  Sadly this morning I discovered the remains of a baby that hadn't made it successfully from one side to the other before a vehicle ran over it.  


We watched a Netflix last night (Clint Eastwood's Mule) and I'm hoping that Turner & Hooch arrives before I leave.  Somehow Tom Hanks character, with OCD neatness, had come up in conversation at some point earlier this summer, and I discovered thatTerry has never seen the movie.  Pretty sure Hilda will also enjoy the many humorous and entertaining dog scenes.


When my computer boots up it provides with a different photo every few days, and this morning it was one of Phillip Island - sans any penguin photo-bomber.  Brought back many wonderful memories of that trip to Australia and New Zealand - over 40 years ago!


While inserting the light-bulb illustration into this post I accidentally stumbled onto the option to size it. However wherever that option is hidden, I have been (unsurprisingly) unsuccessful in finding it again!


Started off this morning with a relaxing soak in the Apple Pool.  As always, a spectacular way to start the day!




Brownie chose a higher vantage point this morning from which to keep tabs on things -


and then came down to let me know 
when it was time for us to continue our walk.



Nice paint job on this camping vehicle:



Karen is sleeping in this morning, and Terry just popped upstairs to say that she needs to run down to Elinor's to help her.  That means it's time for me to get off the computer and head downstairs for Neil duty. (Hilda won't be up for hours!)

No comments:

Post a Comment