Thursday, August 27, 2020

 After dinner last night (Terry had picked up a deliciously loaded pizza from Moonlight while she was in town) we watched Turner and Hooch.  Even though I've seen it multiple times it still made me laugh out loud at certain scenes - and I could tell from Terry's frequent hoots of laughter (and Karen's, who had seen the movie, but only once, when it first came out in '89) that my recommendation had been well received!



Due to heavy cloud cover "it was a dark and stormy night" when Brownie and I took our evening stroll.  While he usually does his important business in the mornings, the past several evenings he has been taking care of that at the other end of the day, and last night was no exception.  (Of course in addition to my trusty flashlight, small but powerful, I always bring along plastic bags just in case - but I don't make Brownie 'carry' them!)  



It is a bit tricky to handle his leash and the flashlight while I scoop up his small (and very well camouflaged) poop - but the true crisis occurred when I went to deposit it into the bear-proof trash can.   (FYI Not only is the lid heavy, but the inside latch to release it is not made for short fingers.)   



Long story short(er) - when I was dropping the bag of poop into the can the top end of my flashlight (which somehow had become loosened) also fell into the can.  



I muttered a few choice words in the ensuing darkness, but luckily at just that moment a couple with a flashlight was coming by, and he helpfully shone his light into the can for me.  




Sure enough, sitting on top of stuff (though certainly much too far down for me to reach) was the top part of my flashlight, which he then kindly snagged for me.  Of course my flashlight didn't work after I screwed it back together (will see what I can do about that today) so I had to stumble the rest of the way home in the dark. 



Didn't get to soak this morning (swung by before and after we walked the loop) because both Apple Pools were occupied, and that early it would still have been too cool in the Party Pool.  Maybe later today?

No comments:

Post a Comment